What kind of services I offer?

My genealogical research work covers all parts of Germany as well as Austria and Switzerland. But my main research areas are the historical Prussian Provinces (according to the administrative boundaries of 1871 to 1918) like Rhineland, Westfalia, Hanover, Hesse, Schleswig-Holstein, Saxony, Pomerania, Posen, Brandenburg and former German States (according to the same boundaries) like Baden, Bavaria, Braunschweig, Hesse, Lippe-Detmold, Anhalt, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Thuringia, Wuerttemberg etc.



My services not only aim to trace your ancestry back as far as possible, but also to explore your family history. I can supply you with more than names and dates. I offer the following services:

  • Pedigree Charts
  • Descendant Lists
  • Family and Farm History
  • Village or Town History
  • Emigration Data Research
  • Finding Living Relatives
  • Roots and Heritage Tour


Pedigree Charts: I will research the number of ancestral lines of your family you want e.g. your direct male line of descent (father's surname) and/or your mother's surname, as far back as records will allow.

Descendant Lists: Sometimes you are interested in special family trees. I investigate all the descendants from a particular person or different ancestors you are requesting for.

Family and Farm History: Names, number of children, data of birth, marriage or death are the most important parts of the genealogical research. But that is not all you can get. Family and Farm History means a lot of more information around the life of your ancestors. I will find out the courses of lives (occupational background) and living conditions of your ancestors in Germany. Not only the everyday life of the members of the German peasant society is often easily reconstructed. It is even possible that one of the old farmhouses where your ancestors lived is still existing. I can take pictures and if I am lucky I will find some old inscriptions in houses or farm buildings e.g. barns (mentioning one of your ancestors).

Village or Town History: If you are interested in more than your family history in a narrow sense I will write a report about the local history of your ancestral places which include political, social and economic aspects.

Emigration Data Research: I will do emigration data research for you either in the "Oldenburg University" or in the "Historisches Museum Bremerhaven". In both institutions the Microfilm rolls with the German passenger lists from the National Archives, Washington DC are available, as well as the Glazier Filby Edition "Germans to America", a helpful index search instrument. Meanwhile, a lot of these information are also available in the World-Wide Web.

Living relatives: If you are interested in contacting your German relatives I will search for you distant relations or look for missing siblings or other family members.

Roots and Heritage Tours: After finishing your family history research you normally have a lot of data, document copies and probably photos from your ancestors original living places. May be you now feel the wish to see some places with your own eyes. Then I can help you to organize your trip in Germany. If you are not speaking German I will also work as a translator for you. I will show you the places (villages or farmhouse) where your ancestors lived or where relatives are still living. You can have a look in the church where a lot of your ancestors were baptized or got married. You can also visit local or regional archives to see original documents.